Monday, April 27, 2009

No title

excert from '' A path through suffering'' by Elisabeth Elliot.

For all of these ther must have been excruciating emotional suffering. we can try and put ourselves in the pit or the prison with Joseph. We can imagine to some degree how esther's heart was in her mouth as she waited to see if the king would recieve her. Listen with Daniel to the heart-stopping snarling of the lions- at what moment will the first one spring out of the blackness? Smell and feel with Jonah the fetid slime of a marine animal's digestive tract. Lie in the filth of the prison with Paul. Although the physical suffering was great, the mental and emotional suffering must have exceeded it-how long will this go on? Will I be able to endure? What will the end be? Has God forgotten me?......

It is never the physical suffering that gets me. Mostly I struggle with the emotional and mental suffering. That is where my battles are waged. I wonder every day...How long will this go on? Will I be able to endure? What will the end be?
Has God forgotten me?

Thats where my deepest questions come from. They come from the wars waged emotionally and mentally. It is never the outside of my life that gets trashed on. It seems to always be whats the deepest inside me.


3 things we need to grasp

1.Forgiveness---Mark 11:25

2 Trusting in God's sovereignty---Genesis 50:20

3.Having a view of eternity--Colossians 3:1-4

All of this comes from Elisabeth's book. I am still trying to grasp it. Mostly I struggle with it. I might be struggling with it even longer. It is really hard for me to grab hold of.

No comments:

Post a Comment